Adding a new Active Directory user directory means nobody can see their issues

Peter Korsten July 8, 2014

Hi,

I recently (well, today) completed a migration of JIRA 4.x to 6.3. Everything gets copied, including the configuration. So far, so good.

However, the Active Directory user directory from the old server doesn't have the amount of configuration options that a new one has, so I decided to create a new one. Mind, these two user directories use the same back-end, but slightly different LDAP filters (so we don't allow all 100,000+ in the company to login, but only those in our country). Usernames are the same.

The strange thing is that now nobody can see their issues. Even though issues are assigned by username, somehow a link is missing.

When checking the JIRA database, all users are there, twice, with the two AD user directories. There are no hidden spaces or anything either.

What could be going wrong here?

Thanks,

- Peter

Edit: In addition, I can see from the database that the impl_class field of the "old" Active Directory is com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatedAuthenticationDirectory and directory_type is DELEGATING, whereas for the "new" one it's com.atlassian.crowd.directory.MicrosoftActiveDirectory and CONNECTOR.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The issue turned out to be the use of local groups. Group membership is based on the user and the user directory. So either I have to add the users to those local groups by hand, or use the Active Directory groups to grant access.

0 votes

In addition, I can see from the database that the impl_class field of the "old" Active Directory is com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatedAuthenticationDirectory and directory_type is DELEGATING, whereas for the "new" one it's com.atlassian.crowd.directory.MicrosoftActiveDirectory and CONNECTOR.

Suggest an answer