Adding a field to Epics (in all existing projects)

Keshan Arunasalam January 25, 2018

Hi,

1. How do I add new fields to Epics to all existing Scrum-based projects?

2. How do I ensure the new fields also appear in all new Scrum-based projects?

I know how to add them to specific Epics, but not on a global scale. Please advise.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

Fields are added to Screens mapped to issueTypes. Now, if your "Epic screen scheme" is shared across all "Scrum based project" then adding the field tot he screen result will result in the field getting added for all projects.

For the newly created scrum project. Make sure while creating the new project you *copy* the configuration from an existing scrum project and thus the screen scheme will also get copied and the field will also appear on the new project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/defining-a-project-938847066.html#Definingaproject-createCreatingaproject

You can select Create with shared configuration to select an existing project and to use that project's schemes. Note that when you're sharing schemes, any change to the scheme will affect all the projects using that scheme

Keshan Arunasalam January 26, 2018

Hi,

Is there a step by step guide on how to execute this? All projects currently use the default screens which are shared between epic/story/task etc.

Thanks!

Fields are added to Screens mapped to issueTypes. Now, if your "Epic screen scheme" is shared across all "Scrum based project" then adding the field tot he screen result will result in the field getting added for all projects.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2018

Suggest an answer