Adding a custom field to the automated jira generated email

I have followed the following link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Adding+Custom+Fields+to+Email

for adding a custom field in the create issue and it works. However, the field doesn't appear in the automated jira generated email when you add a comment. Basically I want the field to appear on every automated jira generated email when I modify the issue.

Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You need to repeat the change in each email template that you want it to appear on. Make the same changes to the "comment" .vm as you've made in the "create" .vm

Hi Nic

I believe the summary of the commented email is pulling out from this line in issuecommented.vm

#parse("templates/email/text/includes/issuesummary.vm")

eg: I want the custom field "PRISM #: 445667890" to be in the body of the email

Key: CIN-34731

URL: https://jira/jira_datam/browse/CIN-34731

Project: Change Problem Management System

Issue Type: Minor - Grade 1

Reporter: Andrew Belford

Assignee: Andrew Belford

PRISM #: 445667890

instead of appearing anything in the body, if you know what I mean

This is part of the above documentation

In atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/text/includes/issuesummary.vm you will want:

However, it appears that it doesn't work. I was told that the documentation hasn't been updated which is the reason why I am asking around for help

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

197 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you