Adding a comment results in a HTTP 302 Moved Temporarily message

Deleted user August 16, 2012

I have the latest JIRA (5.1.2) and I've recently (about a week ago) upgraded from 4.4.3. The authentication is made against a Crowd instance with more than 100 users.

After the upgrade, one user started experiencing an issue. If he opens an issue, clicks on "Comment", writes something and then clicks "Add", the browser pops a message saying "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved." and gives two options: "Stay on Page" (which doesn't post the comment) and "Leave Page" (which posts the comment and returns to the same page, focusing the newly added comment)

I've tested with Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari and Opera. On Windows, Mac and Linux. All the browsers behave in the same way, except for Opera which is silent, but I think reacts the same.

Do you have any idea why it happens? Is there any setting in Crowd or in JIRA's User Profile settings that can influence the behaviour of adding comments just for 1 user?

One of the differences that I saw in the logs is that most (all?) of the users do this request when adding comments:

POST /jira/rest/api/2/issue/{issueid}/comment

while this one does:

POST /jira/secure/AddComment.jspa?atl_token={some long string}

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

I ran into this as well.

Looks like a JIRA bug that is now fixed in 5.1.4

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29626

Deleted user October 24, 2012

A few days after I've posted this question, I've upgraded to 5.1.3 and the issue still happens from time to time. I'll upgrade to 5.1.4 or 5.2 soon enough and let you know if it fixes the problem. Thank you!

Deleted user February 25, 2013

I've upgraded today to 5.2.7 and the issue has dissappeared. Thanks for the help Colin ;)

0 votes
Deleted user May 14, 2013

William... I didn't upgrade to 5.1.4. I said I would upgrade to 5.1.4 or 5.2 and actually went from 5.1.3 directly to 5.2.7... No issues since then...

0 votes
William JUTEAU May 14, 2013

Hello Silvian,

Do you remember if the upgrade to 5.1.4 fixed the issue ?

I'm presently running on 5.1.8 and my customers are facing the issue. Unfortunately I can't upgrade to 5.2.X before a long time due to developement load for my several home made add-ons ...

Thanks for your feedback

PBS Community Licenses May 14, 2013

William... I didn't upgrade to 5.1.4. I said I would upgrade to 5.1.4 or 5.2 and actually went from 5.1.3 directly to 5.2.7... No issues since then...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events