Adding a calculation to Original Estimate field

Derek Crawford January 6, 2021

I am looking to sum multiple fields (in hours) to the Original Estimate field.  I have 3 teams that will be estimating level of effort in hours.  I will create 3 fields for each team to place their estimate on a card/issue.  I would like all 3 fields to total to the Original Estimate.  In addition I would like the Original Estimate to be read only (non-editable).  Is this feasible?  If so, how?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

Hi @Derek Crawford  - Were you ever able to figure this out? 

Derek Crawford January 4, 2022

@John Funk no I was not.  I have moved on from this and found other solutions for my problem.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

If you still wanna give this a go, I can help take a shot at it. 

Like Derek Crawford likes this
Derek Crawford January 4, 2022

Thank you John I have not given up on this idea and maybe it will come up again this year!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

Sounds good - just let me know. 

Oksana Baier January 30, 2023

@John Funk I need it) If you can help me)
The same situation - I have 2 custom fields (nember type) and I need to sum amount and fill it in "Original Estimate"
I need to make Original Estimate only-read (non-editable)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Hi Derek, welcome to the Community. 

Likely, yes. Explore Automation - smart-values-math-expressions 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events