Adding a Message Custom Field (for view) to Jira on demand

Benjamin Dyer November 27, 2014

Hello,

Hoping you can help. I am using JIRA on demand and I am trying to add a Message Custom Field (for view) to a screen. I've installed Toolkit, edited the default value and added it to the screen. 

However I'm not seeing anything on the screen when its triggered. Its very strange as I can add other fields, just not these!

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2014

You say "when it is triggered" - does that mean you are looking at it on the issue view screen?

Yes, so in this case its a screen for adding detail to a task in JIRA agile. My workflow has the screen that will show when a status is changed, I want the message to be on that screen. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2014

Ah, I thought so. That is *not* an issue view screen. It's an *edit* screen. The message-for-view fields only appear on issue view. The message-for-edit fields only appear when Jira goes into edit mode - create, edit or transition screens. So try a message-for-edit field! (Their names are as clear as mud in my opinion...)

Oh there it is! Thank you Nic, thats great, funny how you can spent an hour with the answer right in front of you! Appreciate your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2014

I don't think it's particularly obvious. And I did exactly the same the first dozen or so times I tried to use any massage fields.

Suggest an answer