Adding a Kanban board to the Agile Board list on the issues edit screen

Michael Iarrobino November 30, 2017

How do I add a recently created Kanban Board to the AGILE Board list for users to select when creating or in the Edit section of an issue? Below is a redacted screen shot of what I mean. Example.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Michael,

Can you please provide more context on what you are trying to achieve? What is the expected action when you select from a list of agile boards and create an issue?

This seems like something your administrator has setup for a specific requirement, and might be more than one ways of approaching the problem you are trying to solve. Worth looking into it a bit further.

Regards

Bhushan

Michael Iarrobino December 1, 2017

Bhushan,

Thank you for reaching out.

I want my Kanban board to appear in the "Agile Board" section for selection when setting up an issue/ticket. Currently my Kanban board is not present. Example.PNG

Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2017

Hi Michael,

What you are trying to do seems redundant. Kanban boards are based on JQL queries. Why would you select a Kanban board on a JIRA issue?

Regards

Bhushan

Michael Iarrobino December 4, 2017

I want to manually add tickets to the board vs. set up a JQL query on the labels which is the only way to identify the tickets.

Suggest an answer