Adding a Jira calendar option doesnt appear in Confluence

Vineela Durbha August 29, 2017

I have installed Icalendar plugin in jira. what are the next steps to be done or any documentation link for the same. I dont see Jira calendar under Add a new calendar in confluence

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Hi Vineela,

Can you let us know what version of JIRA you're working with and what link you downloaded it from?

It does appear it's not supported in later versions of JIRA so I want to make sure we get you the right details.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Vineela Durbha August 31, 2017

We are using 7.2.8 version of jira

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Vineela,

Thank you!

Can you confirm where you downloaded it? Was it bundled with your application or did you download it from the Plugin Manager or some other website? Please let us know!

I would also like to confirm the versions you have installed of the following:

• Confluence
  • Team Calendars
  • JIRA iCalendar Plugin

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Vineela Durbha August 31, 2017

Shannon,

Jira Icalendar plugin is a system add on so it is installed along with the application.

Version for confluence : 5.10.8

Team calendars is not installed

Jira i calendar plugin version: 1.4.7

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2017

Hi Vineela,

Thank you for confirming that. I apologize for the confusion.

I've looked into this, and the iCalendar plugin was included with JIRA to help it work with Confluence Team Calendars. You need to have Confluence Team Calendars installed and running on your instance in order to use it.

You can try it out from the marketplace page linked here.

Let us know if you have any trouble!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Vineela Durbha September 1, 2017

Do we need to have any secure connection between jira and confluence for this? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2017

Vineela,

You only need to link JIRA and Confluence together in order for this to work once you've installed Team Calendars.

I hope this clarifies things.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Vineela Durbha September 1, 2017

Thanks for the clarification Shannon. Will install team calendar in confluence. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2017

No problem Vineela!

Just let us know if you have any questions about it.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Vineela Durbha September 4, 2017

We have team calendars installed and when i click on Add event, Jira calendar doesnt appear as below

image-1.PNGThere is application link configured between jira and confluence and still I dont find on how to add jira calendar

Please help on this

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2017

Vineela,

The JIRA Calendar Plugin that I believe you're using simply allows you to have a calendar on your JIRA dashboard.

If you're referring to Confluence Team Calendars and JIRA Events, you can first create a Team Calendar, ensure that JIRA and Confluence are linked securely, and then add JIRA events.

Please have a look at the documentation above and do let us know if you have any questions!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Vineela Durbha August 30, 2017

Shannon,

I am looking Jira iCalendar plugin not the Calendar plugin.

If you can help me with the same it would be great

Suggest an answer