Adding a Custom Field to the Issue Detail View

Mathias Brandt October 26, 2016

Hi,

I would like to create a field called Completion Criteria that shows up in the Issue Detail View just like the issue description.

I have managed to create a field, but when I am adding it to the issue detail view I must choose which category to put it in (e.g., Details, People, Dates, etc.)

How can I add my custom field to the same level as e.g. Details and Description in the issue detail view?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

JIRA handles that for you  - if the field is a system field, it goes in details or one of the other dedicated panels, if it's a date, it's in the date section, and if it's a user, then it goes under people.

Custom fields go into the custom field area.

You can hack this on server versions and tell it that certain custom fields belong in different panels, but as it's code-change, you won't be able to do it on Cloud.

Mathias Brandt October 27, 2016

So, to be clear: it is not possible to have a field called "Completion Criteria" the works just like Description? Essentially, I would like to duplicate the Description field. But I guess it should be a system field, then?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2016

You can have a field that works like Description, it's the free-text custom field.

But it won't appear in the Description section on issue view.  Everything else will work like description does.

Sandra Gerberding November 8, 2018

What? Is there no change to move a Date to the Detail Section? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

No, the dates get moved into the date section.

Suggest an answer