Adding Text to Description Field.

pallavi somani December 8, 2016

Hi Team ,

I am using JIRA 6.2 version.

I want to add text in description field , as i have added and it is replicating in already existing issues but when i am trying to create a new issue change in description field is not replicating.

Please find below text which i want to add:

{color:blue}*Definition of Done*{color}
||{color:green}*Definition of Done*{color}||{color:green}*Required*{color}||{color:green}*Verified By*{color}||{color:green}*Date*{color}||{color:green}*Comments*{color}||
||{color:red}*Developers To Update*{color}|| || || || ||
|Unit/Functional Tests added/updated and existing passed| | | | |
|Code is Reviewed/Pair Programmed| | | | |
|JIRA components and fix versions set correctly| | | | |
|The status of the story in JIRA is set to RESOLVED| | | | |
|Documentation (release notes etc)| | | | |
|Demonstrated To and Accepted by the Product Owner | | | | |
||{color:red}*QA To Update*{color}|| || || || ||
|Tests written in Quality Centre| | | | |
|Update a summary table summerising the QA testing | | | | |
|Functional Testing| | | | |
|Change the status of the JIRA story from Resolved to Closed| | | | |

Please let me know what can i do.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2016

It's not clear what you are trying to do here, or what you mean by "replicating".

The text you've given is wiki markup - are you trying to render this richly, or are you trying to show the plain markup as it is?

pallavi somani December 11, 2016

Hi Nic ,

Thanks for the reply.

This wiki is written to create a tabular structure , when i want to create  a new issue a table structure should appear in the description field  by adding this text , but on creating new issue no table structure is appearing in description field.As i have added this text in post function.

And this table is appearing for "existing issues' , and not appearing for the new "create issue".

Thanks for the help in advance.

pallavi somani December 14, 2016

Gentle reminder!!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2016

are you trying to render this richly, or are you trying to show the plain markup as it is?

Suggest an answer