Adding 'Request Participants' using Automation?

cdmullen March 11, 2016

I want to create a rule using the automation plugin to add a user to a ticket given a specific criteria is met. I've set up an "edit issue action" and have tried the following code:

Request participants=jsmith

Hoping to have the user with username 'jsmith' appear in the request participants field. I suspect I may be using the wrong syntax for the "Request Participant" field.

Is there a document showing rule construction anywhere? I can't find one. What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Reed March 14, 2016

I suspect you need to get the underlying field. The easiest way to determine the ID is to go to Issues > Search from the top menu, make sure you are in Advanced mode for querying, and start typing "Request Participants". As you type, the field should appear in the drop down, with a cf[nnnnn] next to it. That is the id to use in $customfields.get(nnnnn) to get the value, or customfield_nnnnn to set a value.

0 votes
Sascha Krieg July 26, 2016

Hi @Conor Mullen,

a working alternative would be using the Collective Issue View for Service Desk plugin. With the plugin you can set automatically participants based on the ticket reporter.  

Suggest an answer