It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding New Fields to the Create Issue Page

Matt Fleetham Nov 27, 2013

I am wanting to add some new mandatory fields onto the Create Issue Page so when issues are being raisd testers can are forced to entered expected results, actual result etc. Can anbody tell me how I can do this?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Nov 27, 2013

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens covers everything you need, including adding new fields, putting them on screens and making them mandatory.

However, Jira does NOT support mandatory fields in the way you are probably assuming. If you want a field to be optional for part of the lifecycle, and mandatory later, you have to do that in the workflow, and not with screens.

Example - if you have "test result" - useless when issue is created, developed and under test, but you want the testers to fill it in. You need the field optional in Jira's field definitions. Then you add a "validator" to the "finish testing" transition in workflow to say "user must fill in the test result here"

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

838 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you