Adding Issue Type to workflow scheme

akhan May 31, 2013

I've done a migration from 3.1x to 5.2.1, everything looks good except the workflow scheme is not associated with any issues types. I wanted to copy both the custom workflow and workflow scheme and then add new issue types but seems as though JIRA will not allow this.

Do i really need to create a new workflow scheme all together? Will I also need to create a new workflow?

thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2013
That doesn't sound right. You have listed out everything that needs to be done. Re-check the steps again and see if you missed anything!
akhan June 2, 2013

seems as though my workflow had two extra transitions using the same ID in the workflow. Im not sure how they got there or if there were there in the 3.1x installation. I deleted the extra transitions using the same ID and that seem to do the trick,

thanks for the response!

0 votes
akhan May 31, 2013

ok so i created a new workflow scheme I assigned issue types then associated this work flow scheme with the exisitng workflow that i want, i then associated the project with the workflow scheme.

this hasn't resovled anything, i still cannot see the options available in the workflow when i open the issue, it seems to be following the default workflow

please assist

Suggest an answer