Adding Group from a custom filed to watchers list

Ravi Mandava June 6, 2014

I'm totally new to JIRA and Groovy too. I'm looking for a script which can fetch the Group from a custom filed and add to watchers list. Can someone help me with that?

4 answers

0 votes
Jasen Sparacino April 22, 2015

To expand and help a bit on Nic's answer here is another question that has an answer from @Michal Orzechowski that I found helpful as well.  I didn't creat anything yet but I hopefully will.  If I get smothing that works Ill post it here as well.

The other Answers questions that has some good dev links in it to specifics.  

0 votes

Nic,

Will you be able to help me with the code?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2014

Have a look at the script-runner documentation really, as I'd encourage you to learn for yourself (and I've not written anything similar yet)

However, I'd think you'll need something like

import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
defwatcherManager = componentManager.getWatcherManager()
def groupValue = getCustomFieldValue("Group field name")
(This is the part I don't know off the top of my head - to find the list of users in the group
The code I've given here is based on something I did to add a single user custom field to the watchers)
for(user in listUsers) {
watcherManager.startWatching(user issue.getGenericValue())
}
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2014

You can't.

A group is a group, a watcher is a user. The two objects are incompatible.

The best you can do is get the group, iterate through all the members to get the individual users and add each individual as a watcher - will that be good enough?

0 votes

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the information. Yes, your suggestion will be goog enough for me. Thank you!

Suggest an answer