Adding Epic "labels" to child stories

Igor Kosoy September 17, 2019

Hello, any suggestions on how to to add Epic Labels to the existing and newly added Child stories?

Thank you

3 answers

3 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

Unfortunately, out of the box Jira can not do it. You can try to use the plugin Automation for Jira

And create a Manual trigger for creating an issue with the field, what you need copy form another issue. Also, you can write a script for this, with Power Script or ScriptRunner plugins, but I don’t know how this script will look, and, I think it is hard solution for small issue)

3 votes
Igor Kosoy September 17, 2019

Thank you.  This is no what I was asking.  I was looking for the way to auto add labels from the Epic to child stories. 

0 votes
Meghan Duffy April 25, 2022

This topic is old, but I had this same question just now and eventually figured it out so I am adding this here in case it helps anyone else.

You can do this using Jira Automation. Like this:

When: issue is created > Then: Edit issue fields: Labels: Copy Labels from Parent issue

Disha Gawande July 8, 2022

this isnt working for me...its still not taking the label deom parent epic to its child issues ....can anybody help

Like Jacob Mompean likes this

Suggest an answer