It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding Epic "labels" to child stories

Hello, any suggestions on how to to add Epic Labels to the existing and newly added Child stories?

Thank you

3 answers

Unfortunately, out of the box Jira can not do it. You can try to use the plugin Automation for Jira

And create a Manual trigger for creating an issue with the field, what you need copy form another issue. Also, you can write a script for this, with Power Script or ScriptRunner plugins, but I don’t know how this script will look, and, I think it is hard solution for small issue)

Hi @Igor Kosoy

To make an Epic the parent of an issue in Jira Cloud Classic:

1. Locate the story you want to add to the Epic
  2. Press Edit and locate the field "Epic Link"
  3. Search for the relevant Epic and select it
  4. Press Update

You can do this in bulk also via issue search, using the bulk change tools. 

If this is Jira Cloud Next-Gen:

1. Locate the story you want to add to the Epic
  2. In the top-right, select the options icon (3 dots)
  3. Choose "Add Parent"
  4. Locate the relevant Epic and select it
  5. Press Submit

You can also do this in bulk from the Next-Gen board - multi-select issues using Shift / Ctrl + Click and follow the same directions on the board instead.

Ste

Thank you.  This is no what I was asking.  I was looking for the way to auto add labels from the Epic to child stories. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

302 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you