Adding Confluence from a different license as a Service Desk Knowledge Base

Rhiannon Chiacchiaro November 24, 2015

Hi,

I was hoping to contact support directly about this, but there is a terrible popup about recent known issues (that I'm unable to close out of) blocking the submit support ticket page. So, hopefully, someone here will see it.

I have an instance of Service Desk that I want to add a knowledge base to. This desk is for a client, who have their own Confluence instance, but on a different license. Is there any way to integrate their Confluence into our Service Desk? For reasons not entirely within my comprehension, we must keep these two licenses separate, and I can not just purchase a clone Confluence under my license. Alternately, is there another way to add quick solutions/FAQs/knowledge bases that doesn't require integrating Confluence? Can I do it manually somewhere?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

The Recent Known Issues should close via the Close link-button in the bottom-right.

image2015-11-24 13:48:18.png

I don't know of any pluggable knowledge bases for use with JIRA without Confluence. You can app-link to other Confluence installations, so that should work fine. But in order to create/edit/delete you'll need an account there.

Suggest an answer