Adding Comments through email

Gregory Demotchkine August 7, 2013

Hello,

I have a standard handler:

"Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue"

I've noticed that the comments sent from Outlook are not stripping the body of the previous email to which I am replying to.

I have tried adding a second handler that just does Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body I've used a Regex expression Split Regex: /De :*/

to catch the Outlook replies (De is From in France)

But that does not seem to do anything. In fact I am getting the feeling that my first handler (which also can add comments) is not letting the second handler do anything. Is that possible ?

IF you add multiple handlers who gets precedence ?

2 answers

1 vote
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013
Gregory Demotchkine August 11, 2013

Thanks, I already read it and it does not answer my question "IF you add multiple handlers who gets precedence ? " I'm using method 3. but it's not doing anything differently. So I think my first handler "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" is intercepting / blocking my second handler which uses method 3...

Method 3: The method below will strip anything after "From: " in a reply message, using the mail handler 'Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body'.

Add this parameter line to the 'Split Regex' field /From: |> /
0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013
I do not know which gets precedence. It may purely be a timing issue with your two handlers scanning intervals. You could try setting handler one to scan less frequently and see if that changes anything. That isn't necessarily a solution, but it may help answer the question of precedence. As for the overall problem, I have not had any luck with stripping history from Outlook email except with the -----Original Message----- string as the delineator. I am on 5.1. What JIRA are you using?

Suggest an answer