Adding Comments through email

Hello,

I have a standard handler:

"Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue"

I've noticed that the comments sent from Outlook are not stripping the body of the previous email to which I am replying to.

I have tried adding a second handler that just does Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body I've used a Regex expression Split Regex: /De :*/

to catch the Outlook replies (De is From in France)

But that does not seem to do anything. In fact I am getting the feeling that my first handler (which also can add comments) is not letting the second handler do anything. Is that possible ?

IF you add multiple handlers who gets precedence ?

2 answers

Thanks, I already read it and it does not answer my question "IF you add multiple handlers who gets precedence ? " I'm using method 3. but it's not doing anything differently. So I think my first handler "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" is intercepting / blocking my second handler which uses method 3...

Method 3: The method below will strip anything after "From: " in a reply message, using the mail handler 'Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body'.

Add this parameter line to the 'Split Regex' field /From: |> /
I do not know which gets precedence. It may purely be a timing issue with your two handlers scanning intervals. You could try setting handler one to scan less frequently and see if that changes anything. That isn't necessarily a solution, but it may help answer the question of precedence. As for the overall problem, I have not had any luck with stripping history from Outlook email except with the -----Original Message----- string as the delineator. I am on 5.1. What JIRA are you using?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,693 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you