Adding Columns to Issues list [jira]

adrian lecoyte May 8, 2013

Jira:

Hi,

1st post here, great product !

In my filter listing, I have added a new column however, it is not showing up when I go back to navigator.

Steps:

Issue Navigator

Tools - Configure Columns

Add Column

Alt-s

Return to Issue Naivgator

Save

Can you please explain what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Hello Adrian,

As an addition to what has been said, other than the issue navigator search context which may prevents the field from showing up. You may want to try to perform re-indexing for your JIRA instance, as a lot of issues associated with with issue navigator are related to indexing problems.

I hope that helps. :)

0 votes
adrian lecoyte May 8, 2013

So, essentially, for a column to show up in a listing, ALL issues in that listing must have a type that in turn has that field.

OK, makes sense.

Thanks

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Hi Adrian, the problem is that a customfield depends on what issue type it's configured, if in the filter returns an issue and it's from an issue type that doesn't have that customfield in it's configuration then it won't be shown on the navigator.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

Suggest an answer