Adding Buttons like "Create Issue" OR How can I utilize the same "Create Issue" button differently for each project.

Rama Kancharapu August 20, 2015

We are in a situation where not every project wants to see same screen layouts, fields, and issue types. We would like to have an option to add more button like "Create issue" or ability to customize the "Create Issue" button such that each project can see different options related to the project.

Thanks, Rama.

4 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

I agree with Joe. Yes you can accomplish this but it's not advisable. You will have to maintain this moving forward and there's the possibility of this breaking when JIRA decided to change something that you are using. Some teams have done this:

• Add more button like "Create issue" - can be done by updating a VM file in the JIRA package
  • Customize the "Create Issue" button - a simple javascript in the header will do the trick.

Again, these are not encouraged, think about it twice.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

Sounds like you want to replace the main logon page with a button to logon? What is the point? And then replace the drop downs for the other functions with buttons? You'd have to go in and modify the source code. Not a good idea with COTS products.

0 votes
Rama Kancharapu August 20, 2015

Perhaps, I'm missing something here or doing it incorrect way. Here are the steps that I am looking for:

• Login to JIRA
  • Click 'Create Issue"
  • Select Project
  • Select Issue Type
  • Then it must bring layout that is specific to that project issue type layout not additional fields etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

That's already how it works.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2015

every project can have its own fields, screens, workflows and issue types. What are you looking to customize that isn't covered by those? You aren't giving enough information to work with.

Suggest an answer