Adding Bitbucket to existing JIRA subscription

Abdullah Muhammed December 1, 2014

Hi, 

I have a JIRA subscription and i wanted to add BitBucket to it. Under Site Administration, the Discover new application section routed me to signup for a free BitBucket trial. 

Now i have 2 different subscriptions. Although i have connected JIRA with the BitBucket team and repo through DVCS, i still want to have both these under a single subscription where by the left nav (hamburger menu) on https://mycomapny.atlassian.net/ also shows BitBucket in addition to JIRA. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2014

Hi Abdullah,

Sorry for missing that. I'm afraid that's no longer possible. In my.atlassian.com the Bitbucket subscription will always be shown separately from the Atlassian OnDemand one, as they are different products. As for the let menu, you can configure an Application Link between JIRA and Bitbucket, and Bitbucket should be shown in the menu.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

@Clarissa Gauterio, thanks again. I managed to add the link in the left navigation through Settings -> System -> Choosing the Application Navigator option under the User Interface section :) It appears that the application link option does not support bit bucket or GIT in general. It has options for SVN, Sales Force and others but not Bit Bucket. But you what, i was actually able to get the task done using the simple application navigator option so i guess we can close this thread.

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2014

Hi Abdullah,

I believe the following documentation might be helpful for you:

Getting started with Bitbucket and OnDemand

Specially the part that shows how to link a BitBucket account to JIRA OnDemand.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Thanks for responding @Clarissa Gauterio These pointers are mainly about connecting the 2 products which i have already done through DVCS as i mentioned in the original question. What i am looking for is to combine the subscription so under my.atlassian.com it shows up as a single JIRA subscription with the BitBucket add on and thus the JIRA left nav menu gives me (the admin user) a BitBucket configuration option in addtion to the JIRA. Can you help me get there? As of now both these are 2 different subscriptions. I'd like to mention here that i started with JIRA and then tried to add on BitBucket. Is this different from choosing BitBucket at the time of subscribing to JIRA?

Suggest an answer