It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Added SLAs to SDCLOUD project but not all issues yield their respective SLAs

Hello Community,

From what I've read in forums if I apply SLA's into a Service Desk Cloud project that has never had SLAs before, it should still calculate the respective SLA's per issue (the data/transitions/dates exist in the DB after all!). 

I've added a simple SLA: 

Start / Begin Count When Entered Status: Technical Review
Pause on  No Pauses
Stop / Finish Count when Comment: For Customers; Entered: Status Cancelled, Client Support, Done, Development. 

issuetype in (Bug, Support) and priority = high | Goal 2h | 8am-5pm EST calendar

Is my assumption wrong?  Is my SLA setup wrong?   

Any insight would be greatly appreciated  

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Oct 21, 2019

Hi @Rosa Guthrie 

To my knowledge already closed issues are not recalculated automatically.

The SLAs for these are the ones active while work was being done on the issue.

Your new SLA would only count on these issues when they enter the start state again.

Cheers

Thanks Ismael... 

The "closed" issues logic makes sense.   I'm not sure I understand your next statement though

Your new SLA would only count on these issues when they enter the start state again.

Are you talking about closed issues only?   Because I'm not looking for SLA data in already closed issues.    I would be satisfied with SLA's being calculated on currently open issues.  The problem is that even though I know for a fact that some of the issues have transitioned through the status / priority stated in the SLA, no numbers are being returned....  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you