Added New Workflow ; Cannot Change Existing Tickets to the Issue Types In New Workflow

Shaun Hoffman August 2, 2017

I am sure this is a repeat. New to the boards and spent some time looking for an answer but I may not know the lingo.  Apologies.

1) I created a new issue type

2) I created a new workflow for the new issue type

3) I associated the new workflow with my project and assigned the new issue type to that workflow.

If I create new tickets manually I can assign them to the new issue type and new workflow, but tickets created through the API/Integration with our non-dev ticket system do not allow me to change the issue type to my new one once they are created.

What am I missing here?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

You can only "edit" the issue type if the configuration of the source issue type is the same as the target issue type.  The configuration means essentially "fields and workflows".

I think that explains your case - you can create issues fine, with the new type, but you can't just flip the issue type because the one you're trying to change to has a different workflow.

To convert issues between types with mismatched configurations after creation, you have to use the "move" functions.

That did the trick! Thank you very much.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Shaun,

A question, the new issue type is associated with the issue type scheme of the project where you're trying to create the ticket?

Thank you for your question.  I did have them associated, but didnt know I needed to use the 'Move' feature instead of the dropdown.  Much appreciated for your time.

Suggest an answer