Added Greenhopper but it's not showing up yet ...

Jeff Scarsbrook September 6, 2012

We signed up for a trial of the Jira OnDemand product recently. I went in today and added GreenHopper, Confluence, and Crucible. I now see the Confluence and Crucible in my admin section for Application Access, but Greenhopper isn't in there. Is it possible that the add product process doesn't process all add application requests at the same time? Do I simply need to just wait and hope that Greenhopper gets added later today? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Login into your Jira account and see if the menu item Agile shows up. It should be if Greenhopper got installed. Greenhopper is not a separate product, but an addon to Jira, so users do not log into Greenhopper.

0 votes
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

GreenHopper won't appear in the Application Access screen: all users with JIRA access will also have GreenHopper access.

Jeff Scarsbrook September 6, 2012

Tim and Norman, thanks for the answers. I do have the Agile menu item now and that does bring up the Greenhopper pieces. I was expecting that Greenhopper would be like Confluence and Crucible, where you have x number of licenses and you can assign them to certain users, but it appears that my confusion was simply due to my misunderstanding of how it worked. When you go to add the Greenhoppoer piece on, it is listed separately and says the same 10 users for $10 that the Confluence and Crucible add-ons showed, so I just assumed it worked like that, especially since a lot of the developers on our team that will be using Jira have no need for some of the project management pieces found in Greenhopper.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

Unfortunately, Atlassians' licensing mechanism is not setup to restrict Greenhopper(plugins) to particular users. So if you have x user license for Jira, you need to buy x user license for your plugins.

I will also make the claim that Greenhopper is more useful for developers verses managers . :>)

Suggest an answer