Add watchers to Jira

adi_Tabak December 12, 2016

Hi Atlassian,

We would like to add 'Watchers' from my company to JIRA tickets However I get get the following error messages:

"The user ABC does not have permission to view this issue. the user will not be added to the watch list"

User "CDE" is not allowed to add watchers to issue 'AAA-123'
Could you please advise where exactly we can amend this setting?
I am not the system admin, so i will be happy to have direct instruction, so i can move it forward.

Kind Regards,

Adi

usernew.PNG

2 answers

2 votes
Konstantin Mitov [Botron]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2016

Hi Adi,

You need to assign the "Manage Watchers" permission to be able to add watchers. Keep in mind that you might need to be administrator to be able to do that.

Click the configuration button (the gear icon in the top right) and select issues. Then in the bottom left you should see the "Permission schemes" configuration. There you need to click the "Permissions" link for the scheme that is used in your project.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.34.28 AM.png  

Then you need to find the "Voters & watchers permission" section and click edit on the "Manage Watchers" permission. Then you can add the users or groups who you want to be able add watchers.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.35.41 AM.png

Regards,

Konstantin

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2016

> The user ABC does not have permission to view this issue. the user will not be added to the watch list

This is exactly what it says.  You need to make sure the user ABC can see the issue or you can't add them to watchers.  Have a look at the permission scheme to see who can "browse project" and then add ABC to an appropriate role.

Suggest an answer