Add watchers automcomplete does not find users

griesi007 April 22, 2021

I am using Jira free. All users are administrators. In the free edition project permissions cannot be edited and so far as I can see all users have the browse permission by default. When I am trying to add a user the autocomplete does not return any results. 

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Hi @griesi007 ,

The autocomplete is managed by the Global Permisisons " Browse users and groups" could you verify if you have that permission?

griesi007 April 22, 2021

So far as I know global permissions cannot be edited in the free plan? Please correct me if I am wrong and guide me to the right place. I cannot find any place where i could configure permissions. Anyway I am Site admin so I should see all users. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Global permissions should be editable. At least on my test instance (free plan) i can do it.

You can find this on:

https://<yourhost>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

griesi007 April 22, 2021

Yes you are right. I was there before and the "Select group" box under "Grant permission"  was always empty so I was not able to assigne the permission to a group. Now it is populated. Maybe this was a temporary malfunction. There were some issues today on atlassian.net related to the admin functionality

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events