Add value to field on screen

Victor Malyavko November 11, 2014

HI 2 All,

I have next question: how i can add custom value to description field, when i create issue. Now, i know how to add this value from postfunction in workflow (so, if issue already created, set value to field). But how to add value to field on "Create Screen", when i create new issue ?

3 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

You can't do this on JIRA Cloud. You will need some javascript for this and it not allowed in cloud version.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Have you tried to set the value in postfunction and move this post function to after the Creates the issue originally built-in function?

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2014

That's for JIRA 5.1 ? Coz i cant find config like that in my JIRA. Current version of JIRA is 6.4-OD-09-008

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2014

Thanks Ollie, but i dont find answer to my question, about set value. I think that it's impossible for JIRA onDemand..

Suggest an answer