Add users to JIRA

inflectiongroup November 10, 2014

I imported my project to JIRA from BitBucket.  The team members seem to have been brought across but can't sign onto JIRA, have missing details like their email address, and I can't save changes to them to correct them.

4 answers

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2015

This is by design: "If the global default is not configured or if you have not validated your email address, the committer appears as unknown for your Bitbucket activities. Also, if you have multiple Bitbucket accounts, you may mistakenly commit your code under an email address that maps to an account name you did not intend." Please review: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Set+email+preferences https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Set+your+username+for+Bitbucket+actions

0 votes
Nagy Orsolya November 11, 2014

working with me on a repository in BitBucket. Now that I've set up a JIRA Agile account and imported the issues, my team member shows up under User Management with the same name and username he has in BitBucket. His email address however is showing as undefined and Last Active as unavailable. If I select him and click edit the email that shows is sometimes mine, sometimes blank. If I try to enter his correct email address - His email address however is showing as undefined and Last Active ,,- you attempt to make changes to the account?thant,,

0 votes
inflectiongroup November 10, 2014

I had one team member working with me on a repository in BitBucket. Now that I've set up a JIRA Agile account and imported the issues, my team member shows up under User Management with the same name and username he has in BitBucket. His email address however is showing as undefined and Last Active as unavailable. If I select him and click edit the email that shows is sometimes mine, sometimes blank. If I try to enter his correct email address I get a spinner for a moment then it returns to the dialog. I just turned on dev tools and I can see that the server is returning 500 Internal Server error.

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Can you share the error with us of what happens when you attempt to make changes to the account? Often times the account NAME (John Doe) will be carried over, not the username (jdoe). Have you compared the two to verify this is the case?

Suggest an answer