Add trello-like capabilities to jira boards

Lior Pesoa November 13, 2017

One of the thing i don't like in JIRA but i do very like in Trello is the option to easily (and fast) create a new card.

I know that sometimes certain fields in JIRA are mandatory, but let's say i choose that none will be.

Is there any plugin that adds me similar capabilities like Trello?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Hi @Lior Pesoa,

we are currently adding new boards to Jira that will allow you to add cards on the board, similar to Trello. If you create a new project in Jira Cloud, you should be able to see a new template called Agility (BETA). For now you can only create these boards in the new project, but if you could give it a try, we would love your feedback!

wow! i am so glad to hear that you add some of the amazing Trello capabilities into JIRA! 

Combine the power of Trello with JIRA would be amazing!

and i use JIRA Server and not cloud :(

any idea when this will be available there?

Like Daniel304 likes this
John M. Meloche January 18, 2019

Whatever happened with the template Agility? I dont find it still.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Hello Lior,

I understand your pain and have discussed this with few POs who are used to trello and feel that creating issues in JIRA is slightly slower even with no mandatory fields. 

One of the ways which can work for you and it's super fast to create JIRA issues is to use "Portfolio plugin" in JIRA.  In Portfolio view it's super easy and fast to add an issue to an existing hierarchy like adding Story underneath an Epic and once you have added all the issues then you can just do one commit and that would create all the issues.

This tool is uber expensive for us and with too many capabilities that we need, but thanks!

we look for something simple and not too much expensive that will make our lives better and more agile :)

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hi Lior,

Jira is customizable, you can make every field in Jira mandatory or optional (except Summary). If you are not Jira Administrator, ask him about this and discuss if you need or not mandatory fields in that project.

Duplicated here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Product-Apps-questions/Add-trello-like-capabilities-to-jira-boards/qaq-p/670758

i am the admin. and i know i can.

but yet, the feel in JIRA is slower than Trello.

I wonder if there is an addon we can add to make it better and more streamlined ?

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Mm, maybe you can use the Issue Collector to make an easier experience if you don't want to wait for Atlassian to include the feature of Trello in Jira...

Otherwhise I think it would be necessary to develope something by yourself.

thanks

Suggest an answer