Add to the "Default Issue Type Scheme" costume issueType or remove an issueType - not working

Yakir Giladi April 10, 2018

Add to the "Default Issue Type Scheme" costume issueType or remove an issueType - working

jira.png

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

Hi @Yakir Giladi,

that's true, you can't edit the default issue type scheme. This scheme includes all the issue types defined in your Jira instance.

If you need a custom issue type scheme, you have to create a new one.

OK i want to move an issue to costume issue and i got this:

jira.png

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

Sorry but i tried it and it's not working

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

which version of Jira do you have?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

and what have you tried?

version: 1.8

I tried to add to the specific scheme the project where it was on "no projects"

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

ok, could you please post a screenshot of the issue type scheme that is assigned to the AUT-Project?

jira.png

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

Thank you, but I'm sorry, I got another question: what's the current issue type of the issue you wanted to change to Sub-task? Is it already in the AUT-Project?

yes, we are talking on moving in the same project

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

Are you able to change the type to another sub-task-type (escalation, sub-bug or sub-test) ?

Once, we had a problem with a main issue type that we accidentally called "sub-task". The project template treated our sub-task-type as a main issue type and a sub issue type, so we had somehow a standard type as subtype of another standard type. This led to really big problems in the generated project.

Maybe you got something similar.

for you first question the answer is Yes.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

I pointed others to your problem, maybe they have ideas, what's going wrong on your side.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

What about trying to convert the issue instead of moving it?

IssueType Sub-Bug moving to Sub-Task (costume)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2018

Do they have the same fields on their screens?

Yakir Giladi April 11, 2018

They aren't, but i can move from Sub-Bug to Sub-Test 

jira.PNG

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2018

I promise to run some testing in Dev Environment and will get back to you, no later than tomorrow.

Yakir Giladi April 12, 2018

OK, thx!, I am waiting

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2018

Hi Yakir,

I tried to move subtasks, it worked. I played around with Tasks/Subtasks - Subtasks/Subtasks. I get what I am looking for.

This is what I am thinking: A configuration change has been made (may be a task has been renamed.

It may sound annoying to you but can you repeat the steps you are trying and what are you trying to achieve?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2018

@Yakir Giladi,

@Fadoua and I, we talked about your issue. We both think, that you better should ask Atlassian support. They have more options to help you than we have here in the Community. 

This is a really strange behaviour and we currently have no idea, what to recommend next. 

Please contact Atlassian Support here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

If the problem is solved, it would be nice, if you could give us a brief update.

Thank you

Suggest an answer