Add to the default post function in a workflow

Benjamin Bramson September 1, 2017

I've tried to look around a little but I'm not finding anything. So here it goes...

My company wants to start tracking the assignees supervisor for each issue. This will let each supervisor see what is assigned to his/her people without having to do the assigning. I know how to pull data (Supervisor) from the assignee profile and populate a field.

However, since they want this for all issues, is there a way to add that post function to the list of default post funcitons that get automatically added to the list? That way I wouldn't have to worry about adding it to each transition individually.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

Benjamin,

Maybe you can try using a listener to capture this information.

I think that will be more maintainable than post functions since they are located in one only place for all projects and workflows

Maarten Cautreels September 1, 2017

If you're looking for more info on Listeners, you can find it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/listeners-881683236.html 

Suggest an answer