Add the workflow button to the issue view

Shai Urman November 26, 2017

We want to start working with Jira in our company and I'm configuring the system.

I build a workflow with several transitions, now in the detailed view I see two transition buttons to change the issue status (I understand that I can't add more buttons, just by using support team) but there is no "Workflow" button to change the issue rest of the status.

E.g.
New bug in status open --> by the workflow from status "Open" the bug status can be changed to three transitions.
But I can change just to the two statues by using the default buttons.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2017

Jira shows all available transitions on the view screen, but by default shoves them into a "workflow" menu if there are more than two, so you don't see more than three buttons.

The key there is "available".  If you've got 5 transitions, but the user can only use 2 of them because the conditions on the other 3 don't let them, then they will only see 2 buttons.

Check the workflow diagram shows all three transitions first, then, if it does, check the conditions on each transition - you'll find one of them blocks the current user from using it.

Suggest an answer