Add the estimation column to "Issues in Epic"

Orit Nachshon December 27, 2017

Hi,

Is there a way to add columns to the "Issues in Epic" view?

2017-12-27_13-40-53.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Orit,

This would be possible with a change to source code or possibly by following the advice in the Communities post How do you add a column to "Issues in Epic" panel.

There is also a Suggestion to allow the addition of columns in the Epic View that you can find at JSWSERVER-15655.  Please vote on JSWSERVER-15655 to add impact.  As a workaround, in the comments there is a suggestion to use the Exocet app from Valiantys.

Cheers,

Branden

Dennis King February 4, 2019

Hi Branden,

Thanks for the information. My opinion is that this view is too useful to have such limited functionality, and it should not require hacking the code. I use it all the time to try to figure out what the scope of an epic is, how developed its backlog is, and what progress we've made.

It should be possible to add columns at a minimum, using the UX to administer the settings for this widget. Reordering should also be possible from this view, though I can imagine this becomes difficult when some issues are in specific sprints, but it should be possible to list them in priority order including an indication of the planned sprint. I imagine there must an issue for this to up-vote; I'll look, but if you have pointers, I'd be grateful. 

Thanks,

Dennis

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer