Add text or extra information to a Jira create issue form

Tianhao Li June 6, 2012

When creating a Jira Issue, are there any way I can put some static title/text or description for the custom fields? So the administrator can configure the contents of the text.

NB: the text or description is not the small one below the custom fields. Should be the same size as custom fields.

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012

"Message Custom Field for Edit" from Jira Tool Kit can help you to show static content which gives additional information for users while creating issues.

Also the custom field description also is powerful enough and can include html content.

Tianhao Li June 6, 2012

Yeah, i just found jira tool kit plugin. But i installed and tried, wondering why it doesn't work?

for example, i select a read-only text and configure that. when i create an issue, i can't see that. all i can see is the jira supported field, i can't see the one by toolkit plugin.

Dan Geislinger December 13, 2017

Renjith, I can't find any documentation that describes the functionality/limitations of the custom field description. I'm not a JIRA admin, but would like to send some info to our admin on how to add a link to the description (e.g. reference a list of definitions for a long list of drop-down values).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

A custom field description is a block of text that appears under a custom field when you're in create or edit mode for an issue.

It's simple text, within which you can do some basic formatting, including html links.  It's accessible through admin -> custom fields -> <field> -> edit, or admin -> field config -> <field> -> edit

Suggest an answer