Add searching to custom field

Dwayne Gravitt May 7, 2014

How do I add searching to an exiting multi select custom field in Version 5.2? When I click edit, I dont have the option to add search template. When I create a new multi select custom field the option for search template is there.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2014

You shouldn't have any need to think about coding!

What do you actually get when you click on the cog to the right of the custom field and select Edit?

Could you list off the fields you are offered?

HA, I was trying to configure instead of edit!! Now, do i have to reindex for it to pick it up, or will it start eventually?

NM, its showing up now. Thanks for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014
You will need to reindex if you have data in the field already. But it's only searches that won't really work until you reindex.
0 votes

Is there any way to do this in the GUI? I am new to Jira and haven't got into "coding" yet.

0 votes
Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

You might need to do this via code which Installed the multiselect custom field.

Suggest an answer