Add screen while moving issues from backlog to sprint

NehaNagori June 12, 2017

I have too many tasks in backlog. I planned 3 sprints.

I want, either when I start sprint all issues must have filled defined criteria.

ex. I have task - create dashboard in backlog

When I move it to sprint It should show the screen of the checklist before moving it. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

This isn't something you can do without hacking the core code in JIRA Software.  The backlog screen is intended to allow you to move issues around the backlog quickly and easily, and simply doesn't have any code that you could even write an add-on to hook into.

The closest I can get is for you to exclude issues that don't match the critera from the board, so the users have to groom them properly before they appear in the backlog at all.  (For example, if you have a simple project board and a field called "list of tests" then change your board filter to 'project = X and "list of tests" is not empty"

NehaNagori June 20, 2017

Can you please help me in implementing the solution through the script?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

There is no "script" for this.  Please re-read the first part of my answer.

Suggest an answer