Add read only field to customer portal - service desk

Raaj Brench May 31, 2017

Hello!

I am currently trying to add a "How to guide" group to the customer portal which I can add text to for users to read.

Looking through the request types and field types I've noticed that there is a read-only text field and a story request type.

Is there a way currently to do this?

Steps:
1) Users clicks on how to group
2) Shows a few stories types
3) Click on one of the stories
4) Read only text box shows with info 

2 answers

1 vote
Richard Bariny March 12, 2018

try to use: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/ 5.3.7/jira/behaviours-overview.html 

Read only tag works on SD as well

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2018

Hi @Richard Bariny

We want to make the multiline text field read-only on customer portal as well and I have done this using Script Runner behaviour plugin but it's applicable only on create issue create but not on Customer portal screen while raising a request.

As you mentioned it will work on the JSD portal as well, could you please let me know how you have been configured it.

Like # people like this
Jyoti Verma July 27, 2020

Thanks Richard - it helped me today :)

0 votes
Michael Brown [Ascend] October 7, 2017

It may be easier to use something like Confluence and link it with a read-only knowledgebase, as it sounds like you are trying to create documentation for users to easily access. 

Users can search for articles / information in the Customer Portal search bar. 

Out of the box, JSD allows you to link to a Confluence Space. I would suggest doing that, as it will make your documentation appear clean and easily consumable. 

Suggest an answer