Add "add project role" permission to group

I'm trying to allow a certain group the ability to add a project in JIRA, without making them a full-blown admin. It seems like the 'create project' ability is coupled with the rest of things you can do with projects, including deleting/editing. Want to allow a group to create, but not delete, projects. 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

This is not yet possible.

It's something Atlassian are going towards, but the permission to create a project is currently an admin thing.  There are some add-ons for server that bypass it, but I'm not aware of anything for Cloud that enables it.

This widget could not be displayed.

Our workaround is to grant administrator privileges to a tmp_admin group and assign users to that.

We only allow it for power users who have discussed what they intend to do. They are usually experienced scrum masters who want to set up their own custom Kanban boards - a load off my plate.

We revoke the privilege once their projects settle down.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

189 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you