Add "On Hold" Status, all statuses can transition to that.

Christos Christodoulou February 25, 2014

I would like to add a new status called "On Hold" where all statuses can transition to that. I have updated with the following workflow... but nothing has happened.... should I expect a button "On Hold" at the issue view?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Have you published the workflow?

Did you put any conditions on the "all" transition going into "on hold"?

Also, before you do either of them... step back and think about how you're going to get out of "on hold"?

Christos Christodoulou February 26, 2014

It works now. Thanks.

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

We had a similar situation but we limited the On Hold transition to the a particular role we only gave to the senior people. The trick is coming out. If you have just 1 on hold status you need a transition back to all the other statuses which means someone will eventually make a mistake and move it to the wrong status coming out. the other optiion is a On Hold related to each status with only a transition back to that status or perhaps the next status in the work flow. More work, but no chance of error. Think carefully about your process and do you really need to put it on hold at any time?

Suggest an answer