Add post-function on initial transition

delphine ferion April 28, 2015

Hi everyone,

I've tried to add a post function on the initial transition of my workflow. I used the function called "The value(s) of field Status will be set from the issue's parent (replacing existing values)." to set status field of a sub-task like parent's status.

This post function is the first on the post-function list, before the "Creates the issue originally." but it's not working.

Is there anything that I'm missing?

Regards,

Delphine

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2015

Yes, you can't set the status of an issue like that.  You need to use transitions to change the status of an issue.

delphine ferion April 28, 2015

Ok I understand the idea of transition to change the status of an issue. 

But I don't know how to do this in my case : Is there any way to create a sub-task with the same status of the parent ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2015

There are some addons that provide "create subtask" as a post-function, but I think they all create subtasks using the create transition for the subtask issue type. So that would be a "yes", as you could set the parent and child workflows to land on the same created state. But I don't know if any of them are available on Cloud

Suggest an answer