Add post-function on initial transition

Hi everyone,

I've tried to add a post function on the initial transition of my workflow. I used the function called "The value(s) of field Status will be set from the issue's parent (replacing existing values)." to set status field of a sub-task like parent's status.

This post function is the first on the post-function list, before the "Creates the issue originally." but it's not working.

Is there anything that I'm missing?

Regards,

Delphine

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, you can't set the status of an issue like that.  You need to use transitions to change the status of an issue.

Ok I understand the idea of transition to change the status of an issue. 

But I don't know how to do this in my case : Is there any way to create a sub-task with the same status of the parent ?

There are some addons that provide "create subtask" as a post-function, but I think they all create subtasks using the create transition for the subtask issue type. So that would be a "yes", as you could set the parent and child workflows to land on the same created state. But I don't know if any of them are available on Cloud

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

34 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you