Add-on for rolling up custom fields on sub-task to issue?

Tudor Hofnar November 9, 2017

Hi,

I tried searching the marketplace for an add-on which would roll up the values from a certain custom field on sub-tasks, up to the parent issue...somethings similar to how the time tracking works except for a custom field.

I couldn't find anything on the marketplace so I'm curious whether anyone has done something like this before or if maybe I just missed the right add-on for this?

Thanks!

Edit: the one add-on that I did find, was Epic Sum Up, but it does not seem to allow the roll up of custom fields, unless I am misunderstanding the documentation.

Edit 2: the custom fields I am wanting to roll up contain numbers.

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hi Tudor - what kind of custom fields are you trying to roll-up? Numbers? Text strings? Other?

Hi Justin, I am looking to roll-up numbers from my custom fields. Thanks for the help!

Justin Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

If you're on Jira Server or Data Center, and with an app like Power Scripts for Jira, you could write a simple SIL script like this:

if(project=="PROJ" && issueType=="Sub-task") {

number rollItUp=0;
string [] allSubtasks = subtasks(parent.key);

for(string st in allSubtasks) {
rollItUp += %st%.customfield_12345;
}

parent.customfield_12345 = rollItUp;

}

You could then run this script any time an issue is created or modified via SIL Listeners. There are other more involved ways to accomplish a roll-up of number fields, but quick and dirty shows it's at least possible :-)  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help! I will give this a try and see if I can get it working. 

Suggest an answer