Add-on for rolling up custom fields on sub-task to issue? Edited

Hi,

I tried searching the marketplace for an add-on which would roll up the values from a certain custom field on sub-tasks, up to the parent issue...somethings similar to how the time tracking works except for a custom field.

I couldn't find anything on the marketplace so I'm curious whether anyone has done something like this before or if maybe I just missed the right add-on for this?

Thanks!

Edit: the one add-on that I did find, was Epic Sum Up, but it does not seem to allow the roll up of custom fields, unless I am misunderstanding the documentation.

Edit 2: the custom fields I am wanting to roll up contain numbers.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Tudor - what kind of custom fields are you trying to roll-up? Numbers? Text strings? Other?

Hi Justin, I am looking to roll-up numbers from my custom fields. Thanks for the help!

If you're on Jira Server or Data Center, and with an app like Power Scripts for Jira, you could write a simple SIL script like this:

if(project=="PROJ" && issueType=="Sub-task") {

number rollItUp=0;
string [] allSubtasks = subtasks(parent.key);

for(string st in allSubtasks) {
rollItUp += %st%.customfield_12345;
}

parent.customfield_12345 = rollItUp;

}

You could then run this script any time an issue is created or modified via SIL Listeners. There are other more involved ways to accomplish a roll-up of number fields, but quick and dirty shows it's at least possible :-)  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help! I will give this a try and see if I can get it working. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

187 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you