Add new Project to existing Portfolio Plan

I've created a new project, which it has their own team and board, and I would like to add it to an existing portfolio plan and be able to create a new cross-project release and link it to this new project. 
When I am creating the cross-project release and I do not see the project on the list. how do I link it?
When I am looking the list of the teams under the plan, the new team its not linked to the project's board. how do I link it?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Jaime, 

You will need to edit the Issue Source for the plan in order to include the new project. You can get more information in:

Edit Issue Source for a Portfolio Plan

After this, you can create a cross-project release including the new project. You might find the following documentation helpful:

Creating and configuring cross-project releases

To link a Team to a source, click on the button under the Team name and associate it with a source:

assosiate source to team.png

Let me know how it goes. 

Maja

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,330 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you