Add link to external page to issue

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Hi,

I want to add a link to an external page. I want this link to appear in every issue and when the user presses the link or a button near it ( or any other simple way for the user to activate it) that a new window (pop up, tab) will open.

The link is permanent, would be nice if I can add input to it but that is not the main issue.

Is there a simple way to do it ?

Thanks,

Alon

2 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Message Custom Field for view with HTML containing a link with href with target=_blank?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit

Or a Scripted Field from Script Runner Plugin that simply returns a static HTML containing a link with href with target=_blank?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Thanks, I'll check these options.

I was expecting this to be something Jira supports out of the box ...

0 votes
Alexey Paveliev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

If you do not insist on new window/popup then the easiest way to add new custom field of URL Field type and configure it's default value with desired link.

There might be easy way to make it pop-up in new browser window or tab but I can suggest any without investing time to it :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Ah yes, right.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

But then, someone has to fill in the URL for every issue. I am guessing that Alon wants the same URL on every issue. Is that right @Alon ?

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Renjith is right.

I tried this option but it only makes the link as the default, the user still has to select it and it's not clickable.

Alexey Paveliev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

@Alon I tried this option but it only makes the link as the default, the user still has to select it and it's not clickable.

I just added a URL field, made it be seen on deafult screen, made to open google by default. It shows as clickable link on Issue screen. It opens google in same Chrome tab though

Alexey Paveliev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

You don't need to fill URL for every issue if you configure its default value

Alexey Paveliev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

It might be a problem with issues which where created prior to this field is added

Suggest an answer