Add issue link when issue is resolved as duplicate

Will Lord January 8, 2015

Is there a way to change the behaviour of the resolution screen so that if an issue is marked as a duplicate the user is asked to link to that duplicate issue?

This feels like it would be pretty useful as a feature if it is not currently possible through a configuration change.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2015

Hi Will,

You could add the Linked Issues field to the Resolution Screen. But at this moment it would not be possible to only make it required when you have a specific resolution. 

wink

Thanks Pedro. Yes, I thought about adding the link to the resolution screen - I'll probably do that for now and post this is a new feature idea.

For others reading this there is already a relevant feature request which has been resolved - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3758. The fix is as Pedro suggested. I've used it and it works absolutely fine.

Elinor Brucker May 12, 2019

hi,

Can anyone please share the resolution for this issue? i can't understand from the link how to actually make it happen so that the "linked issues" field will show (only) when a bug is resolved as duplicate.

Thanks,

Elinor 

Ecleamus Ricks Jr. May 30, 2019

Elinor,

From what I read in the comments, they created separate transitions with one specific to closing as a Duplicate which has it's own screen showing the linked issues field (I assume it's required in that case as well).

Suggest an answer