Add information to existing issues via .csv import

Ole Kristensen January 30, 2014

Is it possible to add information to a bunch of already existing issues in JIRA via .csv iimport?

It seems that .csv import creates new issues instead of adding information.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2014

Hi Ole,

It's possible. Just create another column in the CSV file to contain exact issue keys and map it to Issue Key field during the import process. For example, if you have a project A with an issue A-1 and you want to update this issue's Summary and Description, besides Summary and Description columns (with updated values) in the CSV file, create another column named IssueKey with value "A-1", and then choose to import the file into project A. The following image shows how the fields should be mapped:

Cheers,

Andy

Gianni Pucciani November 9, 2016

Hello,

Can you use the same approach to append some info? I mean, updating for example the Description without overwriting the existing one.

Thanks!

Like Anand.Gulati likes this
Anand.Gulati November 27, 2019

I am interested in this too. Another question that I have is that if I write description in a particular format. (space, Return between different sentences, a list....) in CSV file can I import the description in JIRA ticket with the same format?

Suggest an answer