Add field to "Close issue" screen

Sergio Issi March 8, 2017

Hi,

i need to add a custom field to the "Close issue" screen. I have created the field but I don't find where to modify the "close issue" screen.

Can someone please help me on it?

5 answers

0 votes
Joe Massi June 23, 2021

How about using a 'field required' validator for any transitions that take you to this closed status? That's ho we're  requiring a comment at ticket closure.... 

• Making comments required on transitions to Closed, Canceled and Resolved:
    • You can add a Validator on your transitions. In order to do that, click on the transition for the related status and click on Validators.
    • Click on Add Validator, choose the Field Required Validator and, on the next screen, select Comment and click on Add >>. Click on the Add button below. You can add an Error message explaining why the transition is failing (I highly recommend that you do so)
    • Now, this transition will only be made if a comment is added.
    • You can check  this document on how to do this as well.
0 votes
Sergio Issi March 13, 2017

I understand that I can configure the field to be mandatory editing "Default field configuration", but even if the field is only associated to the "close issue" screen when I create a new issue in the "created issue" screen I do not see my custom field but when I click on create it always fails because it says to me that my custom field is required.

Robbie Robinson March 13, 2017

Hi Sergio

As I said, I created a new Field Configuration to make the fields mandatory and did not just edit the default configuration.

This worked for me because the fields were only required for one project so I was able to associate that project with the new Field Configuration.

However, as yours is for the closed issue screen, I am not sure how this would be done as I assume that you would need the custom field for all projects, and then you would be back to the same problem that you have with editing the default configuration.

0 votes
Robbie Robinson March 8, 2017

Hi - I am no expert at this and pretty new myself, but when I had to make a custom field a required field I created a new Field Configuration.

However, this only applied to custom fields for 1 Project

0 votes
Sergio Issi March 8, 2017

Thank you it works!

Last question, is it possible to make it a required field?

0 votes
Robbie Robinson March 8, 2017

Hopefully this thread will give you the answer you need

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/292240

Suggest an answer