Add custom work flow validor group to change work flow in service desk?

Paul Shore May 19, 2016

I need to control who gives authorisation in a Service Desk Change work flow.

I have added a custom group "service-desk-approver" with the right user.

I have done "Administration -> Issues -> Workflows", then found the "JIRA Service Desk Change Management Workflow generated for project ISD".  Then clicked on edit.  Then clicked on Approve under the transitions column.  Then the validators tab.  Then added a "Permissions Validator", but I get a list of permission - how do I assign a permission to the custom group "service-desk-approver" so that it will appear in this drop down list?

Thanks

Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

I recommend you to use a project role instead of a group directly in your workflows, since project roles makes your workflows much more reusable. Then you should assign the project role to your "service-desk-approver" group (i.e., to all the users in the group).

After that you can use "User Is In Project Role" condition in order to limit visibility of the transition to a particular project role. Anyway, if you want to use groups directly you can use "User Is In Group" condition.

If you need to use a solution based on a validator instead of a condition, you can use "Users in a field are/aren't in a project role" provided by JIRA Workflow Toolbox add-on.

Suggest an answer