Add custom text to transition screen

Mariano May 10, 2021

Alright, after reading up all of the suggestions from the Question form (which sadly, are a bit dated, most many years ago), I am asking for your help.

Should be fairly easy, but not really quite catching it!

I created a custom screen for entering a comment when transitioning a task to Blocked status. I would like to add a text that Reads "Please state the reason why this task is blocked".

In the future I would like to make it all dandy looking with status options, but for the moment this will do.

However, I got to achieve only this:

Blocked - Jira - Vivaldi 2021-05-10 16.40.45.png

Anyone can help me make it a little bit more descriptive? Maybe default text on the comment box, or a label? I'm looking around but not really finding my North.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

You could add a Message Custom Field (for edit) above the Comment field that have the description you want. The field support both HTML and Markdown code.

Mariano May 14, 2021

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg ! I will try this.

One more question: Do you know why I can't delete tasks the same way I delete Jira issues? I am the owner of the board btw.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events