Add custom field to issue screen all my projects

Lars Holdgaard August 29, 2015

I want to add a new custom field on the edit/view screen of issues on ALL my projects.

I have quite a lot of projects as I run a consulting business, and going through each of them will be error-phone and time consuming.

Of course I could go through ALL projects like this, http://prntscr.com/8ajflp, but it seems like a pretty bad way of doing it.

So my question is: how do I add a custom field on ALL these issue screens when my projects are already made? smile

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2015

If it's a new field, you can do it on the last step of field create - it offers you a list of all the screens in the system and you simply tick the lot.

For existing fields, you are going to have to do it manually.

In both cases, bear in mind that you probably don't really want to do this anyway.  It's very rare that everyone wants the same field in their projects, and even when they do, there are still going to be screens where it's not needed (resolution screen is the obvious one, but many workflows are unlikely to need it too)

Suggest an answer